- 1 about
- 2 about
- 3 about
- 4 about
- 5 about
They are a great way to explore, well, the seasons.. Here are some great examples and ideas for a Discovery Bottle by Season.
Color Mixing Discovery Bottle
There is a surprising number of things you can learn about with a discovery bottle, from weather to color mixing. Try these fun bottles at home or in your classroom. After trying these ideas you can use your imagination to create discovery bottles for all kinds of science themes.
How to dye pasta:
• 1/4 cup of alcohol
• 10 drops of food coloring
• Zip loc bags
What to do:
• put alcohol and food coloring in bag then add pasta and shake until all the pasta is covered.
• let sit overnight (the longer you leave it, the darker it will become)
• Pour pasta out on a cookie sheet and spread out to dry overnight.
• use a bobby pin for the “needle” to thread the yarn through the pasta.
Paper Plate Frog Template
Create this engine by cutting the train from card stock paper.Use a
cardboard paper towel roll cut into small sections for the wheels. Paint the wheels black and color the train. Put the wheels on by cutting a slit in the wheel and attaching.