Arts and Crafts Table for Kids
Arts and Crafts Table For Kids
Kids have all sorts of phenomenal ideas and are into plenty of various activities. We believe it is vital to create a intelligent space to help amplify their creativity. This way having access to arts and crafts table for kids is a monumental step to help creating an environment to express their ideas. It can be in the form of drawing desk for kids, coloring, solving puzzles and possibly other endeavors. A kids arts and crafts table should essentially be in place from a young age.
How To Choose A Table
First things first, the type of table you choose relates to various factors and you should be asking yourself the following questions:
- What is the size of the room?
- What is the layout?
- What is the style?
- Number of kids planning to use it at any given time?
- Color and or theme focus?
These are the top questions that may come to mind. Since, the table is meant for kids it would need to have appropriate proportions. Yes it may sound like a tricky scenario but since kids grow up so fast. You will find that many tables are actually just right in this train of thought.
Related: A Handprint Christmas Wreath Craft For The Whole Family
There are of course cute little tables with cute little chairs to go with it and these pieces can come in a set which is great! However, if you want to change it up a bit and customize the set, you can get different pieces making your own set.
Selecting any piece of furniture meant to be used by kids are challenging and tricky as there are many aspects to consider.
Let’s assume an activity table is in the works and you want to analyze the prospect of it for your kids:
Type of Table
In order to fully assess the suitability of the type of activity table for the kids you would need to have a clear idea of how this will be used. Given you want a table that can be used for doing homework or other miscellaneous educational activities. It makes total sense to consider a whiteboard table or a table with a chalkboard.
Alternatively if the table is meant to be used for drawing, painting or other arts and crafts then you would focus on finding a table that has plenty of storage. Sourcing a table with drawers, shelves and other modules where craft supplies can be stored and organized efficiently.
If you need something versatile that can be used for a variety of different activities, a simple design would be best. A table with a simple top and no elements with features dedicated to any particular task is also vital.
Related: Kids Chalkboards
We all know that tables come in all sorts of shapes and activity tables. The most common are rectangular, square and or round. They are versatile, easy to incorporate into a variety of different spaces and layouts. Round tables are best kids art table do wonder for group activities in order to share the space more easily.
There are also other less common shapes for an activity table which you might have come across at some point. Horseshoe and kidney tables are great for younger kids as it gives them a bigger area to work with and surround them with workspace. Cool right? Well it gets more amazing, making it WAY easier for kids to concentrate at the task at hand and bit more safety and security, since there’s less space to fidget in.
Lastly, there are other shapes such as Octagon for groups of kids giving them ample section to use and a round table encouraging collaborations and sharing in general.
The size of the activity table tends to follow the number of kids that intend on using it in addition to the age group. Two kids could comfortable share a 18″ x 48″ or 20″ x 24″ table and for bigger groups you can scale this up further. Small square tables can be placed side by side and or combined together to accommodate groups of kids easily.
The height of the activity table is particularly more important. This table should allow kids to sit comfortably and to use it without having to bend down or to stretch. As such, you need to either choose a size suitable for their age or to get a height adjustable table. The height of the table is also closely linked to that of that chair. The ideal chair is one that allows the child’s feet to fit flat on the floor and their knees to be bent at a 90 degree angle. Whereas the table top should be around 8″ higher than the chair seat.
For an activity the best materials are the ones that are easy to clean and are durable and most importantly safe all at the same time. In that sense, consider plastic and laminate tables. This decision also has to be based on other details such as the way in which the table is used.
Let’s say as an example if you want something super sturdy which can be used for crafting, you would seek a table that can last for years to come, one made of metal might be good and as you know they would be quite sturdy.
Another idea is wood. They are quite nice choices for a table and can have a more traditional or old school feel to it. It really depends on mood you want to set. Wood can be stained or painted for added customization. Want to get even more creative? Get a plain wood table and get a paint kit. Join your kid in painting and designing the table together! So fun, might just do that myself!
Safety is obviously the most important factor when coming into contact with kids. In the case of an activity table or furniture in general, we need to analyze and consider
Activity Tables For Toddlers
Activity tables for toddlers and young kids should have very sturdy bases. The kids might pull onto the table to prop themselves so the legs should be thick enough and rather short so the table doesn’t fall on them as they do. So let’s stick to a rather light table.
Let’s take a look at what we should pay attention to:
- Un-sanded wood: As it can have splinters. Sharp edges are bad for any kind of table, especially one made of metal and pointy corners are not fun in any situation
- Table With Drawers or doors: pay attention to hardware like the hinges or closing mechanisms. Ideally the drawers should have soft-close runners to prevent kids from accidentally trapping their fingers and getting hurt while using them.
- Wires: Keep an eye out for wires or other features that the activity table might have.
Design and Aesthetic
An activity table for kids should also look visually appealing and fun so your kids actually use it. In order to make this come to life, there are a few ways that you can follow.
Select A Color Palette
Pick a color palette that is fun and interesting. Kids love color and so you should search for designs that stand out. You could go with a set of complementary colors, such as a single bold nuance or a combination of several hues. The design should definitely be fun without it being over the top.
Art Tables Come With Different Types of Features
Different types of art tables come with different types of features and all sorts of designs and accessories. Finding the one best for your kids are not always easy and in fact there are SO many different products to choose from. We did some of the hard work in advance and we came up with a list of our top 15 favorite products.
Alex Artists Studio Super Art Table With Paper Roll
The Alex Toys artist table has a really cool feature: a paper roll. It doesn’t sound very interesting when we say it like that but it’s actually super fun and really great for kids. The table itself has a sturdy wood construction and has built-in plastic cups and a canvas for storing and organizing art supplies.
KidKraft Wooden Art Table with Drying Rack & Storage Bins, Children’s Furniture – Natural, Gift for Ages 3-8
The KidKraft Art Table with Drying Rack & Storage will be the creative center of any playroom. Made of wood with a natural-colored finish, it houses everything a budding artist will need to unleash their creativity. A roll of art paper mounts under the table, feeds through a slot and fastens to the tabletop for a secure work surface. Or, use the flat area for testing out new slime recipes. It’s just their size and keeps the mess off your kitchen table. Kids can stand at the table to do artwork or they can pull up a chair or stool for more intensive projects. Sealable spill-proof cups keep paint fresh and where it belongs, and built-in storage bins on both sides holds supplies so little artists can keep their workspace clean. Now, that’s what we call a masterpiece.
According to reviews some happy customers mentioned that in a time where they were on multiple wait lists for a daycare, this craft table has been a game changer. Multiple nooks for storage, cup holders for paints/paint brushes, and it even comes with a roll of paper to start coloring on. It only took her husband 20 minutes to assemble. Make sure to have your own tools nearby. Their child absolutely loves it and so do we!
Step 2 Great Creations Art Center Art Desk Easel, Multi
- When two little ones are ready on either side of the easel, tell them what to draw within 5-10 minutes. When the time is up, have them reveal their creations! It’s fun to see how different two drawings of the same thing can be. Ideas can vary from elaborate to simple – like a fishing boat on the water, a bird sitting in a tree, or a house, car, or airplane.
- Letter & Shape Practice: Take turns showing your little artist how to write letters and draw shapes. Gradually start sounding out words for them to spell, or shape sequences to draw.
- Duet Draw: Take turns drawing one line to create a masterpiece! Watch as your creation turns into abstract art or forms a scene. The possibilities are endless as you make memories and a beautiful piece of art together.
Children Desk and Chair Set Kids Study School Adjustable
- Adjustable Height: The height of the desk and chair can be adjusted to keep up with your fast growing kids. This ergonomic design helps kids have a perfect sitting posture, which is very important to shape children’s spine. And the chair backrest is also adjustable to give your kids better comfort.
- Tilted Desktop with Anti-pinch Stopper: The desktop can be tilted in the range of 0~40°, meeting different needs of angle for writing, reading, drawing and so on. Besides, this desk is equipped with anti-pinch stoppers to prevent hands from being pinched when kids rotate the desk.
- Safe and Durable Construction: This table features a high-quality MDF desktop, which is environment-friendly for safe use. And constructed with solid steel frame, the kid’s desk and chair set ensures great stability and durability. Thanks to its premium material, both table and chair can support up to 176 lbs.
- Smart Design: The desk includes an embedded pull-out drawer with large storage space to store all the stationeries, such as notebooks, pens, papers, utensils and more. In addition, you can hang your school bag on the side handy hook, developing a neat and organized habit.
- Perfect Gift for Children: This kid’s desk and chair set can be a good partner to grow with your kids. It will help kids to correct their posture, protect their eyesight, and cultivate good study habits. With its multifunctional and stylish design, it is the best gift for your child. Note： There may be some misprints in the instruction the actual product does not include the lamp and bookstand.
Melissa & Doug Child’s Lift Top Desk & Chair
Melissa & Doug Child’s Lift-Top Desk & Chair (Kids Furniture, Honey, 2 Pieces, 16.1” H x 23.6” W x 23.2” L)
Our fun and functional furniture is sized just for kids! The sturdy wooden lift-top desk with matching chair comes in gray, honey, white, or espresso finish to fit with any home décor, and wipes clean to stay looking crisp and clean. Easy to assemble with just a Phillips head screwdriver, the desk features a safety-hinged lid and reinforced legs to last through years of use. Set is sized for kids 3-8, and the chair holds up to 150 pounds.
For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we’ll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
UTEX 2-in-1 Kids Multi Activity Table and 2 Chairs Set
UTEX kids’ table and chair set is sized perfectly for children, giving them the ideal place to sit, read, draw, or create. You will never run out of uses for this sturdy piece of furniture. So spread out the finger paint paper and let their creative juices flow or get to work on building that complex building set. Shop for a toddler table and chair set today, and discover a must-have accessory for any playroom or spare room.
Set includes one table, two chairs and convenient under-the-table storage shelf.
Ideal place to sit, read, draw, or create.
Turn over the top piece to convert the table from an activity table to a regular table
Construction panels offer a sturdy place to build with most major blocks (blocks are not included)
Two storage drawers provide convenient built-in storage areas
White finish lends an elegant look to your décor
This durable table with wooden legs can handle vigorous play.
Provides ample room to play with a friend.
Keep the playtime off the floor and close to eye level.
Ideal for your toddler’s bedroom, playroom, or the living room.
Costzon Kids Art Easel with Stool, 2 in 1 Double-Sided Children Magnetic Dry Erase Board & Book Rack with Foldable Desktop, Adjustable Toddler Table and Chair Set with Magnets (Grey)
2 In 1 Design Different from other kids art easel, this kids educational toy not only serves as the magnetic dry erase board which allows your little artist to create interesting paintings, but also use as the kids book rack with foldable desk that lets your children read or do homework.
Delta Children Kids Table and Chair Set With Storage (2 Chairs Included)
This Trolls World Tour table and chair set with storage by Delta Children is full of hair-raising details. Featuring colorful graphics of poppy and branch, this table and chair set will inspire little ones to drum up some fun. The set includes a table and two chairs, designed at the perfect kid-sized height, making it ideal for snack time, playtime or homework. Plus, a built-in storage compartment at the center of the table is the perfect space to keep art supplies or toys.
Costzon Kids Table and Chair Set, 3 Piece Plastic Children Activity Table for Reading, Drawing, Snack Time, Arts Crafts, Preschool, Kindergarten & Playroom, Easy Clean, Toddler Table & Chair (Pink)
Great Gift for Kids: Equipped with 1 table and 2 chairs, this kids furniture set not only provides a space for your little one to do his or her homework, enjoy the snack time and draw some creative pictures, but also offers a comfortable zone for your kid and his or her friend to share their secrets.
Crayola Wooden Table And Chair Set
The Crayola wooden table and chairs set comes with 2 kid-sized chairs making shared playtime even more fun. Simply flip over the double-sided dry erase top and it converts to a traditional chalkboard surface to accommodates a variety of drawing and painting projects. The set comes with 2 fabric storages and 4 fabric pen holders to store kids’ stuff and supplies.
UTEX Kids Table with 4 Chairs Set, Kid Table and Chairs Set for Girls, Toddlers, Boys, 5 Piece Kiddy Table and Chair Set, White
Utex Children’s square Table and Stool set are beautifully designed for your creative little ones. With the right size for little ones, it can be used to do arts and craft, play board games, eat and have lots of fun. This is a great product for any kids from one year old to primary schoolers.
ShowMaven School Desk Student Desk and Chair Combo, Height Adjustable Children’s Desk and Chair Workstation with Drawer, Pencil Grooves and Hanging Hooks for Home, School and Training (Pink & White)
1. Adjustable, suitable for different grades children
2. With a pencil slot, feature storage function, can place small things like pen or eraser
3. With backrest and cushion, suitable for human body structure and make your children study comfortably
4. It is helpful for children’s physical development and fitness
5. Solid structure, sturdy and safe
1. Material: MDF Board & Plastic
2. Color: Pink&White
3. Dimensions: (23.6 x 15.8)” / (60 x 40)cm (L x W)
4. Drawer Dimensions: (16.7 x 12.4 x 5.9)” / (42.5 x 31.5 x 15)cm (L x W x H)
5. Adjustable Table Height: (24.8-29.5)” / (63-75)cm （63/66/69/72/75cm）
1. Seat Dimensions: (13.8 x 12.6)” / (35 x 32)cm (L x W)
2. Backrest Dimensions: (13.8 x 6.7)” / (35 x 17)cm (L x W)
3. Adjustable Chair Height: (28.4-30.7)” / (72-78)cm（72/75/78cm）
4. Height from Seat to Floor: (15-17.3)” / (38-44)cm（38/41/44cm）
1 x Chair
1 x Table
1 x Screws Set
1 x Allen Wrench
1 x Screwdriver
Baby Relax DA7501G Hunter 3 Piece Kiddy Table and Chair Set, Gray
Art projects, tea parties, and snack time are all the more fun with the Baby Relax Hunter 3-PC Kiddy Table & Chair Set. Stylishly simple, this set includes a kid-friendly height table and two chairs. Featuring a sturdy wood construction, your kids will love to play on this table and chair set for years to come. To make life easier, the table top is designed with a low border that will help keep puzzle pieces, crayons, and small toys on the table and off the floor! For all parents who home school their children, we think you just found your new best friend! The ideal solution for kids’ playrooms, nursery rooms or even in the living room, the Baby Relax Hunter 3-PC Kiddy Table & Chair Set will have everyone wanting to sit at the kid’s table. Available in multiple color options, the Hunter is both a fun piece for your children and a functional solution for you!
UTEX 2-in-1 Kids Multi Activity Table and 2 Chairs Set with Storage (Espresso with Gray Drawer)
We hope you enjoyed our overview of special arts and crafts table for kids and our favorite finds. If you have any questions or further comments please feel to share it with us and we are looking forward to hearing from you.